omoas mission is to create an open source cartographic visualization framework that enables programmers and cartographers to
- visualize geospatial and statistical data
- support research in geovisualization
- publish and augment cartographic legacy.
~omoa is a verb in the Swahili language. It means: to display, to reveal, bring to light. But also: to stir up and to cause unrest. By publishing omoa we hope to enable you to create persuasive thematic maps.
omoa is a set of ActionScript 3 interfaces, classes and data structures to support the development of cartographic
- web & desktop apps
- apps for information appliances
- CD / DVD ROM publications.
omoa is not a software application for end users …but may help you to create one. It’s not a map server …but may substitute one. It contains no map data …but you may bring your own data or use third party data.